wild successes

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

speedstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
704
Reaction score
1,029
Location
Grand Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious if anything has changed over the past decade, just been returning to reefing and I recall in the mid 2000's my wild coral success rates were about 50% has it gotten any better with newer care or collection methods? Whats your experience.

thanks
 
hello speed star, ALot has changed since. I think most corals we see now are grown .I understand they have a much higher survival rate .
 
hello speed star, ALot has changed since. I think most corals we see now are grown .I understand they have a much higher survival rate .

thanks, i have picked up some frags and AC stuff. That surprised me too as when I was buying stuff back before from hobbyist or vendors it was almost all clip and ship. I already kinda have a love hate relationship with corals on plugs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new