Will a 4 Line Wrasse Eat Flat Worms?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShaggyRS6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
1,272
Location
MT Juliet, Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to find a wrasse that will. I want it as peaceful as can be and not too large. If not what recommendations do you have?
 
I have two malenerus wrasses juveniles and some say that they wouldn't eat flatworms had to be adults not true. And they have done great job and they are peaceful together and with tank mates.
 
I have two malenerus wrasses juveniles and some say that they wouldn't eat flatworms had to be adults not true. And they have done great job and they are peaceful together and with tank mates.

giphy.gif
 
What size is your tank? A smaller Halichoeres (ie Red Lined or Yellow) would be a much better choice. The 4 line is a bit better behaved than it's notorious 6 line relative but still very prone to aggression and will make it nearly impossible for you to add new fish once it is in.
 
What size is your tank? A smaller Halichoeres (ie Red Lined or Yellow) would be a much better choice. The 4 line is a bit better behaved than it's notorious 6 line relative but still very prone to aggression and will make it nearly impossible for you to add new fish once it is in.
100G I think one of those yellow fellows would do it!
 
Melanurus, yellow, red-lined would all be great in a 100 gallon. H. luecoxanthus would be another good one.

Edit: I always forget to recommend H. iridis...probably because they are more expensive...but they are great too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new