Will a carpet dig it's foot in sand?

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new carpet anemone and wondering if it will dig it's foot through 4" of sand. I tried to dig through but not all the way to the glass

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it will dig through 4 inches and attach to the glass or rock on the bottom. It will be happy.

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried twice with small carpet's and have yet to get one to attach. Tried all the tricks like a corral, pvc, yadda yadda. However, my 90g is still around 6 months since startup and it's been a few months since i've tried one. Not going to try another until around the 1 year mark. Doing fine with bubbletips though.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried twice with small carpet's and have yet to get one to attach. Tried all the tricks like a corral, pvc, yadda yadda. However, my 90g is still around 6 months since startup and it's been a few months since i've tried one. Not going to try another until around the 1 year mark. Doing fine with bubbletips though.

It really depends on the type of carpet it is. Haddoni like sand, and gigantea and mertensii typically like to be in the rockwork. Also, I've seen a lot of small haddoni in the rockwork, and as they get bigger they move to the sandbed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back