Will a carpet dig it's foot in sand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprungson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2019
Messages
670
Reaction score
590
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new carpet anemone and wondering if it will dig it's foot through 4" of sand. I tried to dig through but not all the way to the glass
 
yes it will dig through 4 inches and attach to the glass or rock on the bottom. It will be happy.
 
I've tried twice with small carpet's and have yet to get one to attach. Tried all the tricks like a corral, pvc, yadda yadda. However, my 90g is still around 6 months since startup and it's been a few months since i've tried one. Not going to try another until around the 1 year mark. Doing fine with bubbletips though.
 
I've tried twice with small carpet's and have yet to get one to attach. Tried all the tricks like a corral, pvc, yadda yadda. However, my 90g is still around 6 months since startup and it's been a few months since i've tried one. Not going to try another until around the 1 year mark. Doing fine with bubbletips though.

It really depends on the type of carpet it is. Haddoni like sand, and gigantea and mertensii typically like to be in the rockwork. Also, I've seen a lot of small haddoni in the rockwork, and as they get bigger they move to the sandbed.
 
+1 on haddoni. Only those dig their foot
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new