Will a Ruby Red and 'Regular' Red Dragonet pair up/be compatible?

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely going to get a pair of Scooter Blennys (preferably the ruby red ones) but I also like the regular red one as well. I was wondering if anyone knows if pairing a ruby red and red dragonet/scooter will work? I haven't seen anything online, but i'm pretty curious if anyone knows. I have a feeling they would most likely not have any problems with one another, but I hope they can pair up and do their dance! It may not be a good idea, and just would make more sense to get 2 Rubys for a pair. Any opinions would be appreciated :)

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...just curious, but why would you want to pair a ruby red and red scooter together? Why not get two pairs for double the dancing?

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...just curious, but why would you want to pair a ruby red and red scooter together? Why not get two pairs for double the dancing?
Yeah, cross pairing. I would love that, but I only have a 33 gallon tank so I don't want to risk anything in terms of feeding and the amount of pods.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be better off with getting just one monopair species. I'm not well versed in dragonet pairings, but I think the color patterns might help with distinguishing mates, so the two might not end up doing the dance.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be better off with getting just one monopair species. I'm not well versed in dragonet pairings, but I think the color patterns might help with distinguishing mates, so the two might not end up doing the dance.
Yeah, that is the best thing to do. I'll get a pair of Rubys then

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back