Will a Sea Hare eat GSP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boogieman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boogieman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
71
Reaction score
19
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a couple years old now with mostly the same inhabitants, including fish, couple hermit crabs, urchins, zoas, GSP

I recently picked up a sea hare and some strawberry top snails.

They have been in for about a month. I noticed today that my GSP, which has always grown well.. It looks like it was mowed off, with only a few polyps remaining. I see remnants of the sea hare amongst the GSP.

My question is are sea hare known to eat GSP??
 
My tank is a couple years old now with mostly the same inhabitants, including fish, couple hermit crabs, urchins, zoas, GSP

I recently picked up a sea hare and some strawberry top snails.

They have been in for about a month. I noticed today that my GSP, which has always grown well.. It looks like it was mowed off, with only a few polyps remaining. I see remnants of the sea hare amongst the GSP.

My question is are sea hare known to eat GSP??
No. What "remnants of the sea hare" are you referring to? It's possible the sea hare traveled over the GSP and irritated it, causing it to retract temporarily.
 
No. What "remnants of the sea hare" are you referring to? It's possible the sea hare traveled over the GSP and irritated it, causing it to retract temporarily.
Mostly feces . I don't think it's just irritation since there is no stems sticking up any more and all I see are white dots where the stem was like a flower that has been snipped off..
 
I've never had that issue. Curious, do you have lot of algae? Many people add sea hares and they starve. I've used them before but rehome them when thier job is done.
Yes alot of algae, which is the reason I got one. It's the problem I have been fighting since the start with little success..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new