Will an increased dose of Reef Flux kill corals?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a rapidly growing bryopsis outbreak even though parameters seem fine. I will have to figure out what's going on. Anyway, in an attempt to get it under control rapidly I did not follow the dose less to be safe rule. The directions said you could double the recommended dose for faster results. I did it. A day later my corals are definitely unhappy. They aren't dying right now, but I obviously don't want them to later. Has anyone had it kill corals? I couldn't find any examples except for sps, but I have softies. I know I can do a water change to reduce the amount in the tank, but I would prefer not to.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a rapidly growing bryopsis outbreak even though parameters seem fine. I will have to figure out what's going on. Anyway, in an attempt to get it under control rapidly I did not follow the dose less to be safe rule. The directions said you could double the recommended dose for faster results. I did it. A day later my corals are definitely unhappy. They aren't dying right now, but I obviously don't want them to later. Has anyone had it kill corals? I couldn't find any examples except for sps, but I have softies. I know I can do a water change to reduce the amount in the tank, but I would prefer not to.
my variety of corals came thru fine on double Reef Flux - I didn't write down they were stressed, but BF swears they were.

You must not have a Yellow Tang - my yellow tang nearly died but was hastily 'vacationed' into 5gallon QT for three weeks of double Reef Flux treatment. Once display tank had its water changes and charcoal over at end of treatment, yellow tang went back to home, happily living among corals, inverts & other fishes in bropsis free display tank

Good luck!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back