Will anemone regrow a new foot

codywhitaker14

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
athens
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a black widow bubble top anemone. I have 10+ all together but the one in question got so big it split. But I guess the split was bad and ripped off most of its foot. Its been floating around I my tank now for two months so today i decided to cut it in half to hopefully trigger it to regrow it a new foot. Will that work? I usually let them split on their own. Not a fan of cutting but I can’t have it not planting its foot and getting shredded by my powerheads. This was the bad split that didn’t make it. And this was the anemone without a foot, perfectly healthy. IMG_3753.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 28206561-2B91-4FB2-81AD-5E63ABCE1508.mp4
    2.9 MB
This is the bad spilt, seem like mostly foot with a tiny mouth
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3819.jpeg
    IMG_3819.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 81

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new