will chaeto fall into return pump?

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda of a weird question but I just installed a chamber for a refugium in my sump for my 150g. My cheato spins/rotates really nicely, but im wondering if some of it would ever be able to fall over the edge into the return pump chamber.

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you harvest the chaeto after it grows too large, then small pieces will fall off due to you tearing some off the main ball. These small pieces can flow over the baffles and possibly be pulled into your return pump. You can minimize/prevent the small pieces by harvesting the chaeto outside the sump. I made an input filter for both of my return pumps using aquamesh. It keeps things out of pump w/o reducing flow.

OP
OP
nano_ryan

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you harvest the chaeto after it grows too large, then small pieces will fall off due to you tearing some off the main ball. These small pieces can flow over the baffles and possibly be pulled into your return pump. You can minimize/prevent the small pieces by harvesting the chaeto outside the sump. I made an input filter for both of my return pumps using aquamesh. It keeps things out of pump w/o reducing flow.
But the main ball/colony will stay spinning in the chamber without it randomly falling over right? I dont have any baffles on the edge, just straight.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back