Will clowns leave Duncan for a BTA?

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth getting my pair of clowns a rainbow bubble tip nem if they have already established a home in my duncan colony?

How likely are they to move to a new host?

Other than for the safety of my duncan colony and for the mutual benefit of the clown/nem relationship I dont need an anemone but a buddy has one for me on the cheap. I just dont want to risk it if theres no chance of them moving out of the Duncan

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a chance but its definitively not a given. My clowns never went into my BTA and the tank is small.

BTA's arent a natural host to A. Occ.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a natural host they'll find the nem quickly. Not a natural host and it's a crapshoot.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, what type of clowns do you have?
Occs and percs are not natural to BTA, so often it takes longer for them to recognize it.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine finally moved from the duncan to the BTA but to be honest I don't know what kind of clowns I have, assuming they're just plain 'ol Occellaris, they came from a craigslist tank break down. First they hosted the back corner of my 40 breeder, then they found the duncan, and about 3 months after adding the BTA the female discovered it, and a little while later the male moved in.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back