Will Dardanus sp. hermits eat anemones?

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if dardanus megistos would eat sea anemones. I know they are not reef safe but has anyone had one eat an anemone? They are quite large.
 
Probably depends on how hungry it is. I wouldn't risk anything you'd be heartbroken to lose.
 
Some Dardanus sp. eat anemones, so I'd imagine these guys would if hungry enough, but I'd guess they would prefer other foods first.
 
Well he didn't eat any coral but I caught him eating a Mexican Turbo.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new