will glass support my arm mounted lighting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnnaG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AnnaG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
126
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I purchased a new light for my rimless 20 gallon Aquarium and have built it, but I’m sceptical as to weather the glass will break... it’s like 2.5 kilos and the glass is 5mm thick! Plus when I place the screws on, it makes a crunching sound almost at first. I’m worried that they will actually cause the glass to break. Is there anything I can use to cushion it at least?

25FDA793-819E-4139-8B56-C1D15EF39B54.jpeg
 
Hi,

I purchased a new light for my rimless 20 gallon Aquarium and have built it, but I’m sceptical as to weather the glass will break... it’s like 2.5 kilos and the glass is 5mm thick! Plus when I place the screws on, it makes a crunching sound almost at first. I’m worried that they will actually cause the glass to break. Is there anything I can use to cushion it at least?

25FDA793-819E-4139-8B56-C1D15EF39B54.jpeg
Trust your gut. Install another way....
 
I ended up taking @blaxsun advice and putting some cardboard instead of MDF between the screws and glass. its holding and I can only hope it stays that way
 

Attachments

  • tempImagea80k3F.png
    tempImagea80k3F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new