Will green coralline algae turn purple

Mario Lawrence

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys
What am I doing wrong can’t get purple or pink coralline algae to grow or spread would someone help thanks in advance
 
IMG_20190105_202102_01.gif
there's different color of coraline algea. Red, purple, green. If its green now it'll stay green unless another color out competes it.

Welcome to reef2reef
 
IMG_20190105_202102_01.gif
there's different color of coraline algea. Red, purple, green. If its green now it'll stay green unless another color out competes it.

Welcome to reef2reef
I’m new to the site just trying to figure out how to use it . It’s my second day here
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Mario Lawrence

I have had green show up in my tank recently. It's growing on top of the pink and the red and purple algae that I've had for a while. I am not sure why the different varieties of coralline grow but it comes and goes over time.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Mario Lawrence

I have had green show up in my tank recently. It's growing on top of the pink and the red and purple algae that I've had for a while. I am not sure why the different varieties of coralline grow but it comes and goes over time.
I think my tank is doing well as far as corals growth and coloration, just if can get better colors on the rocks
 
I think my tank is doing well as far as corals growth and coloration, just if can get better colors on the rocks

Is the green encrusting? Does it start to cover powerheads? Do you have any encrusting algae or maybe are your corals are using so much available CA that encrusting algae never got a chance to establish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new