Will Mandarin dragonet eat amphipods

Rechelle Fleck

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
39
Location
SEBASTIAN
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a well established, healthy population of copepods and amphipods. I recently added a Mandarin dragonet and she is happily to gobble up the copepods. Do you know if madarins eat amphipods as wrll? I couldn't find too much on this. I have a ton of them living and breeding in my sand bed.

Thank you!!
 
Last edited:
I have a well established, healthy population of copepods and amphipods. I recently added a Mandarin dragonet and she is happily to bring up the copepods. Do you know if madarins eat amphipods as wrll? I couldn't find too much on this. I have a ton of them living and breeding in my sand bed.

Thank you!!

They will eat them if they are not too big. :)
 
I have a well established, healthy population of copepods and amphipods. I recently added a Mandarin dragonet and she is happily to gobble up the copepods. Do you know if madarins eat amphipods as wrll? I couldn't find too much on this. I have a ton of them living and breeding in my sand bed.

Thank you!!

They will eat the very small young ones. A large full grown madarin may be able to eat large amphipods but I haven’t seen it happen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new