Will Monti grow on plug with algae?

Warpigdave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
170
Reaction score
54
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an encrusting Monti on a plug. Surrounding the frag is some red algae. Will the monti grow over the algae? Or overtake the algae. I removed as much of the algae as I safely could. But there’s still a line of is surrounding the frag. I’m just afraid that line will prevent the monti from growing.
 
What kind of red algae? Cyano, corraline, etc. Monit’s will overcome most obstacles IME outside of faster more aggressive corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new