Will my tank require eurobrace?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goober
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goober

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2017
Messages
109
Reaction score
149
Location
Calgary
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36" x 36" x 14"

I am using 3/4" glass. Wondering if this will require eurobracing. Might be worth it just to keep splashing down for high flow and easy glass cleaning.
 
If the tank is only 14" high, you definitely don't need Eurobracing. BUT the bracing is nice for those benefits you mentioned above.:)
 
If the tank is only 14" high, you definitely don't need Eurobracing. BUT the bracing is nice for those benefits you mentioned above.:)

Yeap 14" depth

Thats why im thinking. I dont think a eurobrace would be "ugly".
 
Yeap 14" depth

Thats why im thinking. I dont think a eurobrace would be "ugly".

I noticed you're in Calgary, you could have Concept Aquariums build one for you:) I am not a fan of regular Eurobracing and got a one piece made for my setup. I had Miracles Aquariums build mine.
 
Eurobracing is difficult to clean under, imo. With 14" depth you could use 1/2" glass and not have any issues to worry about without any bracing. At 3/4, you'll have to clean the salt off the top edge.
Nice tank! Can't wait to see the build thread?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new