Will Pederson Shrimp Host a Rock Flower?

MantisShrimpMan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
452
Reaction score
174
Location
New York/STL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get some pedersons but I dont want their native anemone, the Bartholomea annulata, in my current nano tank. Will they host a rock flower instead?
 
I'd like to get some pedersons but I dont want their native anemone, the Bartholomea annulata, in my current nano tank. Will they host a rock flower instead?
how about some sexy shrimp instead? I don't think pendersons host RFA
 
I’ve had luck with them hosting RFAs. It’s not their preferred anemone though. I think it’s an “any port in a storm” situation, TBH.
2E0291A7-E741-4DCF-A40A-409CED5693FB.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I think hosting is probably the wrong term. My sexy shrimp, spotted anemone shrimp, and pedersons “hang out” on the rock flowers.
E732A8BB-2477-430D-84BE-D5BE1FBD648B.jpeg
EC55C98F-C955-4605-80F0-16E8E4397C3E.jpeg
 
My sexy shrimp and some of my porcelain crabs will sit in my rock flowers but I have 4 spotted anemone shrimp and none seem to really care for them. They sit on the rockwork or in the zoa patches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new