Will Plating Monti fight each other?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Krzydmnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
2,050
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So noob mistake (you know, Cuz I'm a noob), I placed my red cap and Medusa too close together, under estimating how fast they'd grow.

I know with a 32g tank, coral scaping is going to be a regular maintenance task for me, but question is will these two guys hurt each other if the touch? I'm also kinda curious to see what they do as long as they won't damage each other....

54810168fbf4a4298b155ab5a48eb92b.jpg
 
I don't think so. From what I've heard they will grow together and form really cool color patterns.
 
I’ve purposely placed and glued some of my my red and green cap touching each other, to get them to mix. May or may not work. They might spiral around each other, which would be even cooler in my book. :)
 
Id say frag 2 montis you have more than enough of and try to grapht the 2 frags together
 
Same species might be ok but for example, montipora hodgesoni and montipora capricornis will do battle for sure. Just had some hodgesoni take out some mystic sunset.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new