Will the polyp extension return with improve water quality?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyberGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CyberGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
245
Location
San Diego, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow, when the polyps retract or disappear due to bad water quality, the polyps do not come back for me even if the water quality improves. Do people find this to be true?
 
I've had a couple of events that caused my water quality to change significantly and pretty rapidly. In both instances, it was the effect on the corals that alerted me that something was amiss. What I found was that by bringing my parameters back into check fairly slowly, I was able to minimize damage. Even still, it took a while for the corals to respond. It seems to me that any large, rapid change can cause more harm than good. Most corals are somewhat resilient. Given enough time and trying to maintain a consistent balance once parameters have been reestablished can produce results even in SPS that appear to be goners. But it takes time. I kind of monitor my coral health to a certain degree by Alk consumption.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new