Will they stop fighting

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday i got a midas blenny and i went to check in it last night and it had taken where my royal gramma has previously always lived, it looks fine however the gramma has a small chunk out of its lower lip, the gramma who was previously boss is staying away so was this aggression only for territory which is now over or is it gonna carry on? Will my grammas lower lip grow back a bit?

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch them closely. Generalisations about fishes nature and aggression can only be a guide to what individual fishes may do.

OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch them closely. Generalisations about fishes nature and aggression can only be a guide to what individual fishes may do.
Thanks so far they have completely avoided each other and the gramma seems to be finding somewhere else to stay

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so far they have completely avoided each other and the gramma seems to be finding somewhere else to stay
Could be fine then. I once put 5 yellow-tailed blue damsels in a 4 foot tank with lots of hiding places. The population stablised at three. Apparently that's enough for a 4 ft :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with above. Rock with lots of safe shelters make for happier fish.

MadHatter'sReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will heal if they are healthy but it probably will not grow back. I had a Yellow Watch Goby that got into a fight with tang. The YWG had a cut that started at the top of his mouth and run down his back. He was split right wide open and was also missing an eye. He healed up now and still will squable with the tangs time to time. His name is WIlly

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will heal if they are healthy but it probably will not grow back. I had a Yellow Watch Goby that got into a fight with tang. The YWG had a cut that started at the top of his mouth and run down his back. He was split right wide open and was also missing an eye. He healed up now and still will squable with the tangs time to time. His name is WIlly
Good to know that definitely takes some stress out of the situation knowing he is ok, i am gonna get more cave rocks to increase territory which should hopefully reduce the aggression long term

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back