Will This be a Problem?

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my tank and noticed it only sits on the right and left sides of the stand. It's a 20 gallon tall on an Aqua Culture Walmart stand. It doesn't sit on the vertical supports underneath and or the front or back. The tank and stand measure as sitting level. Will this turn into a problem that could crack the tank? If so, is there a way I can fix it?

6E1F4C28-B335-4E59-A76A-38DB5E5DE27D.jpeg 709252EC-7252-423B-9C84-3009279C9C8C.jpeg 769FF568-0A30-4DA4-8276-BA1FA4BE6D7D.jpeg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should not be a problem. As long as the rim is supported, the rim is strong enough to support the glass and contents.
Is it just a small gap between bottom of rim and top of side tubes, or do the sides of the tank not overlap the stand sides vertically?

OP
OP
P

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should not be a problem. As long as the rim is supported, the rim is strong enough to support the glass and contents.
Is it just a small gap between bottom of rim and top of side tubes, or do the sides of the tank not overlap the stand sides vertically?
The front and back of the tank does not sit on the stand at all. Just the sides of the tank sit on the outer rim of the stand.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front and back of the tank does not sit on the stand at all. Just the sides of the tank sit on the outer rim of the stand.
That should still be fine. It is probably due to deflection or bowing-down of the front and back angles in the stand top frame. The sides are enough support on a tank this size.

Just to confirm: if you looked down from the top of the tank, would the front and back of the tank still be overlapping the front and back angles of the stand top frame? If they are, the angles will start to provide some support in the unlikely case that the tank rim sags down onto them.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should still be fine. It is probably due to deflection or bowing-down of the front and back angles in the stand top frame. The sides are enough support on a tank this size.

Just to confirm: if you looked down from the top of the tank, would the front and back of the tank still be overlapping the front and back angles of the stand top frame? If they are, the angles will start to provide some support in the unlikely case that the tank rim sags down onto them.
@Soren You're thinking correctly. Mine does the exact same. If any sag were to happen, it would be supported.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As long as it’s level- enjoy the piece of the ocean you’ve created

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back