Will this hurt my tank??

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if I bomb my my house will it hurt my tank?????Anyone ever do it with fish tank going or do u have to shut em down??

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bombs usually destroy everything they fall on. So I would think a bomb would hurt your tank. Lol

OP
OP
novajohn01

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...Brandon....trying to get rid of freakin flees....thanks to the dog.......any suggestions?????

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's been people that have masked off their tank to bomb the house. I'd do a search on Google.. It's been done..

JFord2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a flea outbreak and I freaked because we couldn't use bombs. We bought a flea spray and powder. We tried to keep it away from the tank but still in the same room. I washed everything in the entire house and what I couldn't wash I sprayed. Also if you put a flea collar in your vacuum canister it will kill them. I feel sorry for you! I know it sucks!

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vacuum vacuum vacuum!! Also flea treatment for your dog is a must. I would personally recommend against dawn to wash your dog as that strips away all the good oils on your dog. Depending on breed maybe a flea comb would do the trick. Winter is coming up not sure where you live but that might help you. Also to remove fleas without the flea bomb takes a while so best of luck and yes I've heard of tanks crashing when people thought they would just cover there tanks.

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatomaceous earth. DE is almost pure silica (with some beneficial trace minerals); under a microscope, it looks like shards of glass (glass is made from silica). On any beetle-type insect that has a carapace, like fleas and cockroaches, the DE works under the shell and punctures the body, which then dehydrates and the insect dies. DE is totally nontoxic. There is no buildup of tolerance like there is to poisons because the method of killing is PHYSICAL, not chemical.The important thing to us is that if an insect with an exoskeleton gets diatomaceous earth on them, they die. At the same time, we can rub it all over our skin, rub it in our hair, eat it .... whatever ... and we are unharmed.
Diatomaceous earth kills all bugs. It has been reported to be the most effective solution when fighting pests like fleas, ants and bed bugs.
Farmers dump food grade diatomaceous earth by big scoops in with grains when the grains are stored. It kills the insects that want to feast on the grain. This is a great improvement over the stuff they used to put in with the grain.

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just be careful of using the diatomaceous earth in the house breathing the dust is bad for your lungs. so if you use it inside you need a vacuum that has a hepa filter or other micron filter. I used this out around the yard, my deck etc and it does work altho it did take some time. spot on flea products stopped working for us I now use comfortis every 3 months between the 2 products haven't had (knock on wood ) in several months.

FishNFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be kind of like How close do I want to throw that M80 next to my new car?................lol I would tell you don't bomb.

triton67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of baking soda in the carpets. It will dehydrate the eggs and pull all the moisture from the carpets. It will fall to the carpet backing so not an eyesore. Three days and vac up. And do it again this will break the cycle. If the eggs can not stay moist they can not survive

OP
OP
novajohn01

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm not gonna do the bomb for flees.......gonna try everything suggested to kill em....thanks everyone.....anymore suggestions let me know........again thanks....

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatomaceous earth
I have been using this product with some success, the cycle is long in getting rid of these pests. We have used the DE outdoors in our yard as well. I will put down another spray in my garage today. The baking soda mentioned above sounds interesting, I have one indoor/outdoor carpet in the basement where my Solano 34g sits that I cannot take up, so I will use the baking soda in this area today as well. Great Info!!! I gotta admit that I was going to bomb the garage today but will now hold off and go another round of the more friendly approach.;););)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back