Will this lineup work?

zafink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have a 45 AIO reef tank, with a 37 gallon display. I'm pretty confident that my filtration can handle the fish I plan to get, but more worried about whether I will have tank space for this set of fish, and that they won't have conflicting temperaments. And, if you have any additional fish recommendations I'd love to hear them! Tank is pretty full of rock as well, so plenty of hiding space as well

Currently have:
1 pair long fin ocellaris clowns
1 royal gramma
1 midas Blenny
All these guys are cool with each other, unless anyone gets to close to the blennies cave. (no one does that anymore)

What I plan to get next in this order:

1 biota radial filefish... never thought of a filefish before but biota considers their radials very safe in the reef now :)
1 biota mandarin (working on copepod population first, going quite well)
1 flame hawkfish
1 juvenile hammer head shark (joking)

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 fish seems like a lot of fish for your tank size. Like rn in my 40g I have 2 Clowns, 1 Bicolor, 1 Midas, and a YWG and that seems cramped. I would probably go for 5 max 6 fish total. Despite bio and mechanical filtration being on par, more fish means more food which can raise phosphate which creates a headache if it gets to high. Cramped and hungry fish can lead to unwanted aggression. I’d avoid the mandarin till you get a refugium or a decent colony going. If you got shrimp or small inverts that hawk fish will probably murder them.

just my thoughts though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back