Will this survive

Saaqib_Ansari

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
697
Reaction score
201
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this digiata coral for 1 year had some sort of issue with the tank around 6 months ago where I lost most my sps this one went white in the middle now algae has formed on the middle making it a dark brown colour. However it’s definitely based out a little more and still glows under blues and I can still see a few polyps - will the coral grow over the algae again or will it just end up dying at one point?

A2066C2D-D276-4B1A-8A17-246A058F93B5.jpeg 3548AD93-780C-4682-86D0-7B331A13A556.jpeg
 
I’ve had this digiata coral for 1 year had some sort of issue with the tank around 6 months ago where I lost most my sps this one went white in the middle now algae has formed on the middle making it a dark brown colour. However it’s definitely based out a little more and still glows under blues and I can still see a few polyps - will the coral grow over the algae again or will it just end up dying at one point?

A2066C2D-D276-4B1A-8A17-246A058F93B5.jpeg 3548AD93-780C-4682-86D0-7B331A13A556.jpeg
Cut out the bad parts and make two new frags of it. I've brought back sticks with a lot less tissue than what you have there.
 
Cut out the bad parts and make two new frags of it. I've brought back sticks with a lot less tissue than what you have there.
Not sure how I would cut it as it’s just the top that is alive and the base
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new