Will this tank be safe?

LeonardTheWrasse

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
216
Reaction score
303
Location
Sydeny
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I'm emptying out a tank at the moment, and I dropped a piece of equipment on the edge of the glass, causing a small fracture of the glass on the inside.
Is this tank going to be unsafe to use in the future?

IMG20240618074205.jpg
 
Hi all,
I'm emptying out a tank at the moment, and I dropped a piece of equipment on the edge of the glass, causing a small fracture of the glass on the inside.
Is this tank going to be unsafe to use in the future?

IMG20240618074205.jpg
It appears to be a scallop chip with no radiating cracks. If this is accurate, then there is no structural issue at all. You can fill the chip with epoxy if the edges are sharp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new