Will this work for a clam, prefer Maxima Clam?

Zakery Murray

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2018
Messages
972
Reaction score
1,621
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Jbj aio 45 gallon aquarium, with 2 AI Hydra 26HD's Running on it. I do not know much about clams and such so, I was wondering if this tank with those lights would work for a clam?
 
The biggest issue with smaller tanks is keeping up with the carbonate and calcium demand. A clam can use as much as coralline when it is growing - both of these dwarf just the coral. Make sure that you have a good, solid, reliable dosing method and this can be OK.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new