will this work?

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2021
Messages
84
Reaction score
21
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question is will using this reactor - https://www.tropicalmarinecentre.co...ilter-nano-50-white-uk-50-litres11-uk-gallons

Combined with seachem denitrate work as to create and anerobic chamber to turn nitrates into nitrogen?

I will be using it on the Lowest setting.

My nitrates and phosphates will not reduce, I have been trying carbon doing without success for some time now as well as doing 2 10% water changes a week.

I will be using this reactor combined with RowaPhos in the water flow to lower both phosphates and nitrates
 
What test kits are you you using? You may be getting false readings
MY best success has been addition of ChemiPure Elite which will reduce both and keep them in check
 
What test kits are you you using? You may be getting false readings
MY best success has been addition of ChemiPure Elite which will reduce both and keep them in check
I have tried a number of test kits recently as I thought that might be the case but they all read similar.

Somewhere above 20ppm nitrates and around 0.3 phosphates
 
I have tried a number of test kits recently as I thought that might be the case but they all read similar.

Somewhere above 20ppm nitrates and around 0.3 phosphates
Phos at 0.03 acceptable and nitrate not crazy ut prefer mine at 10 or below
 
Phos at 0.03 acceptable and nitrate not crazy ut prefer mine at 10 or below
My phosphates are 0.3 not 0.03, also my test kits only read up to 20 so I don't actually know how much higher than 20 they are in all honesty.

I had a huge algae issue a few weeks back, put in a sea hare who cleaned up the algae but the parameters are really bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new