Will two heaters fit in the Fluval Flex 32.5?

krinkldink

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2023
Messages
48
Reaction score
5
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title pretty much sums it up. I’m currently running a single eheim heater in my tank, no issues. But it’s about two years old and I don’t want it to nuke the system. I’m looking at adding an inkbird WiFi controller ITS-306A and a second heater for redundancy.

The side compartments in the AIO have the in-tank media baskets, so my heater is currently in the main chamber. I’m looking at adding a skimmer in the next couple of weeks to help with nutrient export.

Questions:
  1. Will the heaters fit in the small outer (inflow?) chambers that water flows through on its way to the intank baskets?
  2. Will two heaters fit in the main chamber with a skimmer?
  3. When using two heaters, is there a certain distance they should be kept apart from each other?
  4. What brand and size heaters would you recommend if I can fit two heaters in this 32 gallon system?

Thank you
 
Heaters come in all sorts of different sizes and shapes so the first part of your question is impossible to answer. Most heater manufacturers have the heater dimensions published if you search a specific heater on google. I would just measure your desired location and find a heater that will fit. No need to space them apart any specific distance. Just make sure they aren’t touching each other and there is good flow around them.
 
Heaters come in all sorts of different sizes and shapes so the first part of your question is impossible to answer. Most heater manufacturers have the heater dimensions published if you search a specific heater on google. I would just measure your desired location and find a heater that will fit. No need to space them apart any specific distance. Just make sure they aren’t touching each other and there is good flow around them.
Thank you. I know the spacing part of the question is difficult without dimensions etc. And I’m on vacation (I tend to start looking for redundancy and reef safety equipment when I travel) so I can’t measure them myself. I’ll check it out when I get back.
 
Thank you. I know the spacing part of the question is difficult without dimensions etc. And I’m on vacation (I tend to start looking for redundancy and reef safety equipment when I travel) so I can’t measure them myself. I’ll check it out when I get back.
I’ve had pretty good luck finding dimensions online if you search for your sump. Also, Cobalt Aquatics makes some low profile flattened heaters. I don’t know how reliable they are, but they seem to have decent reviews.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new