Wilsoni Coral Care (avoiding lighting overexposure)

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@living_tribunal The one thing that i do not like about what i see is the bottom looks like its receding and the top looks like its heading for a full recovery. That said that might be what the part that meets the substrate always looks like.

20200324_143051.jpg 20200324_143051_LI.jpg 20200324_143458.jpg

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@living_tribunal Its been awhile how is your wilso doing? I hope things turned around for it. Mine currently i think is doing very well. Colors returned and the tissue shrank up a bit. The only issue that i seem to see is that algae has grown on parts of the skeleton and the tissue stops there when its fully extended.

wilsoni coral .jpg

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great, yes, less light and more food will definitely help. The wilsonis do come out of very cold water, and usually the reason why they don't do well is because of the initial temp shock. If the suppliers overseas tanked them a bit, and let them adjust/acclimate to warmer water, their chances of keeping the colors are increased. If your LFS had it for a few months with no color shift, then I think it should be safe!
Have you had experience with Wilsoni where they keep their color for months, but then their color becomes much more darker? I have a green and a red one that started out vibrant in my tank but got darker in color. I keep my tank from 77-78 degrees, all at 8.5, cal at 400-450, mag at 1350-1450.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back