Win a FFF (Frozen Food Feeder) from OctoAquatics!

Fishf00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this would be a big seller but I have 2 mangrove trees/pods attached to the back corner of my aquarium with suction cups and zip ties. I'm trying to get the roots to grow from the top of the tank (65 tub) to the bottom. Once they reach the sand or rocks they should secure themselves and give a cool mangrove root look to the tank. Some kind of magnetic mounts that wouldnt restrict the pod growth may be cool. Again may not be a big seller.

Zackmoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see a coral shield. For when you get a new fish and he likes to eat some corals but you don't have time to trap him.

harmon6565

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some acrylic splash shields I a few different sizes to protect sump outlets or remote controllers ect that could get salt water splashed on them.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acrylic tunnels that can be under sand and provide refuge to certain fish like jawfish, and certain gobies

Last edited:

Marc.The.Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this was my idea(thanks for the credit in the other thread, but not necessary:)) & I talked to Matt & drew up some sketches and he made me an all clear one for my rimless tank as I wanted something kinda invisible. Mine has a little different design, but still works very well. He's made a few design changes and incorporated a couple on my version. I'm impressed with his level of skill and attention to detail. Also in testing the product design and suggesting changes to make it work better before he shipped it to me speaks volumes toward customer service! I'm not entering this contest as I don't need another one, but just wanted to let you all know how well it works! Matt has also made a lid for my custom tank about a year ago and it's still going strong! I also have a couple of sets of his magnets in case I need them for some project. I think I'll make a glass cleaner out of one set!

But, I do have an idea for you Matt. Years ago a company called Pico Aquariums made a MP10 Shallow Shield for shallow tanks. I found one used a while back before I decided to forgo powerheads in the display. These were very popular and are like Gold now if you have one. I sold mine within 10 mins of posting it some months ago. But with the popularity of shallow tanks now, I think some version of this would be an item in high demand. They worked very well at keeping the splashing to a minimum while letting you mount the Vortech closer to the surface.

If you order something from Matt you won't be disappointed, custom or otherwise he takes pride in his work & it shows. Thanks again Matt, you'll be hearing from me when I need something fab'd up!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marc!

I remember those splash shields! I didn't know those where still in demand. :D

Marc.The.Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure a lot of people don't even know that they need one! Lol. But, for us that have been around for a while and have seen them in action, it lets you use the MP10 in these shallow tanks with great success & with minimal blowing around of the substrate. I probably should have never sold the one that I had, gonna regret it! Haha

rgaston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this great opportunity. I think the frag racks that you make are nicely done. I am in the proccess of building a frag tank and would love tho have these in it. http://octoaquatics.com/octo-fracks/

I have a back problem that prevents me from having a sump underneath the tank. I would like to see you make an insert for 40 breeders that could convert them into all in one systems. It would really be great to see them made for large size aquariums. Don't know how this would work out for you, but it would be neat to see.

BillH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A slim line fish trap for those finicky wrasses and angel fish. A long tubelar one and a tall skinny one.

BillH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bonus: I like the float switch holder. Dont think ive seen one with that much adjustability before.

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the fish feeder, I like the way it tumbles the frozen food so small pieces fall off at a time and that helps create less waste of food particles just falling to the bottom

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to order a sump/fuse kit to custom fit the tank we get as a sump/fuse for our 150g and I really like the acclimation box too. Hopefully we can also get them to make us a new overflow box, because the one that came with our tank had several teeth broken out. We look forward to working with you.

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you make a special seahorse feeder so that we could have a few seahorses in a regular tank so they wouldn't have to compete so much for food, that would be awsome.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back