WIN Free Aquarium Maintenance from Healthy Tanks! (share your schedule) WINNERS Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEALTHYTANKSCONTEST.jpg

Happy to announce that HealthyTanks.com is going to give 5 lucky R2R members a FREE copy of their awesome aquarium software - Tanks!

In order to get qualified you have to do one thing:

1. POST YOUR MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE IN THIS THREAD

In a couple weeks we will draw and award the winner! Here is a little more about the prize!

Tanks – Software to help you establish and maintain a healthy aquarium
Tanks is designed to help you keep your aquarium’s water pristine and your livestock healthy. It works with salt, fresh and brackish water, and is ideal for any aquarium. It is without a doubt one of the best tools you can purchase to help you maintain your aquarium’s long term good health. It doesn’t matter if your aquarium is a simple one or complex one; all aquariums can benefit from Tanks many features. Tanks is a modular program, allowing you to use all of it or only the portions needed for your specific aquarium.

3parameter.png

Some of Tanks features include:

-Can be used with multiple aquariums and ponds.
-Works with salt, fresh, and brackish water.
-Tanks organizes your testing events, feeding events and dosing events into charts for easy evaluation.
-Includes a full featured scheduler that keeps track of all your aquarium’s tasks, for you.
-Allows you to easily document any aspect of your aquarium with pictures, videos and notes.
-Includes dozens of customizable charts and reports that display and print your aquarium’s details.
-An owner/client database is included to assist Professionals who maintain aquariums for others.
-Easily transfer equipment and livestock between aquariums and owners.
-A backup module is included to keep your data safe.
-A picture viewer and video player is also included.
-And a good bit more…

image002-1.png

Click here for more information about TANKS Software

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So get to posting your maintenance schedules!

sirevans reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change 35-40 gal of my 125 dt and 30 gal sum every two weeks. I have a 6 gal ato that I top off every 3 days. The first water change of the month I empty my sump and vac out all detritus. While my sump is empty I take apart my return pump,skimmer pump, and my gfo and carbon pump and wash all filters and parts and then put it all back. Every month and half I replace my gfo and carbon in my BRS reactor. I dose 2 part cal. and alk. so every 3 days I test for cal. alk. mag. sal. and ph. Clean the glass every 4 days or so and that is just about it.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maintnence schedule includes emptying out the skimmer when needed. Refilling my ATO every 2-3 days with a water change every 2-3 weeks. I have to scrape the glass maybe once every other week (unless someone is coming over). I just got some Tropic Marin Elements and I have started dosing those daily. replace carbon and GFO as needed.

For the deep clean about every two months, I do over a day or two. I take the skimmer out of the tank and scrub it down. I remove my return pump and make sure the intake is clear and remove any debris.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change 15gal of my ~90gal total water volume every 10-14 days. At this time I also empty my skimmer. Once a month i replace carbon in my BRS dual reactor, and every 1.5 months I replace the GFO. I refill my 5gal ATO reservoir once a week. My dosing is taken care of by a Bubble Magus triple doser, dosing 36ml of alk solution each day, and 23ml of calcium solution each day. I will soon be adding magnesium to the regimen. Once a month i will scrape the sides of my tank (since i'm lazy this is usually only 1 side at a time lol)

About every other month during a WC I use a shopvac and clean out my sump. I also siphon detritus from my frag tank, as well as soak my skimmer in vinegar and scrub it down at this time. Any pumps that need cleaning also get a soak in vinegar and cleaned.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my maintanance schedule is every saturday i clean my glass inside and out every other saturday i do a 45g water change on my 180g dt every other saturday
once a month i vacumm my substrate every 2 weeks i clip my macro algae and give it away or throw it away. every 4 days i clean my protein skimmer collection cup and neck

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm... maintenance schedule is as needed. I attempt to do water changes every other week. I clean the glass every other day. Feed the tank once per day. Empty and clean the skimmer cup not as often as I should...

The software looks interesting. Really resembles the Microsoft OneNote application from the look of the styles. Looks really nice though.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change out 5g of water from my 46g 22" cube every 2 weeks. during that time I also clean the glass and empty out my skimmer cup. I refill my 3g ato container every 3 days and once a month I clean my bubble trap sponge and the enkamat from my glass-holes overflow. I take this time to also clean the bottom lid of my light fixture, sump and stand interior. The following week I will test my water parameters. I dose 2-part daily and manually feed twice a day. Every 6 months I clean out my return pump and skimmer. Once a year a switch my bulbs out.

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING IDEA

It is so important to maintain your tank healthy some warnings that advice that it need attention, It is a great idea to get a software that alert your attention and get a guide to maintain a protocol that get your dates.

Water changes:
Every 15 days a 10% Change Filter socks: Every 3 days, Add Chemicals to Dosers: Once a Week, Clean Skimmer Cup: Once a Week Change Carbon and GFO: 200 ml & 100 ml every month, Add Coral Food: Once a week, Clean glass: Once a week or twice, Clean Return pump and skimmer pump: Every 2 months, Change RODI Filters: Every 5 months, Change RO Filter: Every year, Clean internal pumps: Every 3 months, Change Bulbs (t5): Once a Year, Check Parameters: Every 15 days, Clean Sump: Once a Year.

An aquarium need a lot of attention, there are some items that it gets easy

Jorsh!

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily:
Top off tank with fresh RO/DI water
Check that all equipment is working properly
Dose 1 drop of Lugols Iodine
Feed 2X daily with flake food

Every 3-4 days:
Clean glass algae

Weekly:
10% water change at 1.026
Change filter sock
Empty skimmer

Monthly:
Clean powerheads

Last edited:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING IDEA

It is so important to maintain your tank healthy some warnings that advice that it need attention, It is a great idea to get a software that alert your attention and get a guide to maintain a protocol that get your dates.

Water changes:
Every 15 days a 10% Change Filter socks: Every 3 days, Add Chemicals to Dosers: Once a Week, Clean Skimmer Cup: Once a Week Change Carbon and GFO: 200 ml & 100 ml every month, Add Coral Food: Once a week, Clean glass: Once a week or twice, Clean Return pump and skimmer pump: Every 2 months, Change RODI Filters: Every 5 months, Change RO Filter: Every year, Clean internal pumps: Every 3 months, Change Bulbs (t5): Once a Year, Check Parameters: Every 15 days, Clean Sump: Once a Year.

An aquarium need a lot of attention, there are some items that it gets easy

Jorsh!

Welcome to the forum! You should start a tank thread in "Members Tanks"

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean the glass every few days, clean skimmer cup once a week, 15 gallon water change every 2 weeks and vacuum the sand, change out carbon and Gfo about once a month and when I do I remove rock and chaeto from the sump and vacuum that too. That's about it maintenance wise.

lsaint88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water Change 2g every Wednesday, Check and top off the tank I don’t have a ATO, Check filter pad every day and replace when its bad, Dump out skimmer cup when its full, Clean glass when needed, Clean off salt creep when needed, Test the water on Fridays and that reminds me I need to test something soon lol, Clean all powerheads, pump, and skimmer once a month, I just got my RO/DI unit so I am good for a year, Make new saltwater every 2 weeks. I think that is it.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every few days, I clean the algae from the glass, and empty my protein skimmer. Every week, I refill my ato resivoir. Every other week, I change the water and measure ca/alk.

Jake1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyday feed an make sure everything looks healthy clean the glass. Each week refill ato, clean skimmer and check cal and alk. Every 2 weeks do 10gal wc.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who wants free software??!! :D

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20g water change weekly, Skimmer and filter socks switched then. Gfo changed every 3 weeks. Clean tank walls every couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back