View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rookie 2 Crosby 0

2 down 2 to go!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hellz yea... Abdelkader is tha MAN!!! :confident:

Gets his first career NHL goal in Stanley Cup Finals... only to do it again the following night! :tongue:

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$ hours to game 3. Looks like Drapes is in and Sammy is out. No Pav yet.
Any predictions?

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pens 3
Wings 1

I have a feeling the pens are coming out gunning. Wings will win it all in 6

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Pens might win one of the next 2. However I don't think they will win at the Joe. Zetterberg has owned Crosby for the first 2 games and when Crosby has found a little space either Lidstrom or Osgood has taken it away. They will have a better chance at match-ups in Pittsburgh but all of the Wing's lines are defensively sound. Ozzy has a .969 save percentage! Unbelievable! I find it funny that the Pens keep saying that they have played well enough to win while the Wings keep saying that they have yet to play well. Gonchar says that they aren't frustrated but Malkin's complete loss of composure says otherwise. I think the Pens have played as well as they are capable of playing. I think the Wings have another gear.

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought both games were kind of boring. Tonight will be a different story and I think the Pens win game 3 (then lose 4 and 5).

I just want some edge of your seat playoff hockey. I hope the rest of the games are decided by one goal (or 2 with the empty net).

Go Wings, please keep Cindy off the score sheet..........

WINGS IN 5

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I anticipated a split in Pittsburgh. Wings in 5.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just glad the Pens showed up tonight. If they win Thursday, its a brand new series...still don't like that we have to win in Detroit though, that could be tough.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Talbot said "We were doing pretty good there with 6 guys. We were even cycling the puck"

The hockey Gods cut the Pens a break. They even made sure the refs didn't see the 6 men on the ice for the Pens.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez-uss... that was disgusting in so many ways last night... I wish I coulda dove like a friggin soccer player when I played and get a call for it! Un-freakin-believable :squigglemouth:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez-uss... that was disgusting in so many ways last night... I wish I coulda dove like a friggin soccer player when I played and get a call for it! Un-freakin-believable :squigglemouth:

Don't even go there with Cleary and his dramatics when he was bumped from behind and acted like he was steam rolled...:tongue:

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked how QUIET the Igloo got when the Wings tied the game at 1, then up 2-1, I bet you could have heard a pin drop.

Of course you could also hear a pin drop when the Pens had 6 skaters out there, that was smart by the fans actually, and I am sure they noticed it. ;)

The Wings played very well, and Ozzy is human after all, but he is still the man! I am very confident for game 4 and 5, I think we can sew this up and be done in 5. :D

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire bar I was at was screaming for 28 seconds that there was 6 men on the ice...how 3 refs dont even notice it, i dont know.

Its not like its a secret that the NHL commissioner wants PIT to win...crosby is their golden child.

Speaking of crosby, what a female dog....I hope Kronwall and him meet in open ice....

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a series until the home team loses ;)

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it is. Since 1939 93% of teams to go up 2-0 in a series have went on to win the cup. This isn't Washington. The Pens aren't going to beat the Wings 4 out of 5. Never happen. We have already beaten 2 teams better than Pittsburgh. We shut down Crosby yesterday with a rookie. All he got was a charity assist. Ozzy is much better than Fleury and his save percentage is better this year than it was in the last 2 cups he has won. Zetterberg is clearly outplaying Crosby shutting him down and still scoring. The Wings were all over them for 2/3 of the game. I am very confident the Wings will win tomorrow and then finish the series in 5.

Its not a series until the home team loses ;)

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it is. Since 1939 93% of teams to go up 2-0 in a series have went on to win the cup. This isn't Washington. The Pens aren't going to beat the Wings 4 out of 5. Never happen. We have already beaten 2 teams better than Pittsburgh. We shut down Crosby yesterday with a rookie. All he got was a charity assist. Ozzy is much better than Fleury and his save percentage is better this year than it was in the last 2 cups he has won. Zetterberg is clearly outplaying Crosby shutting him down and still scoring. The Wings were all over them for 2/3 of the game. I am very confident the Wings will win tomorrow and then finish the series in 5.

I'm not saying the series is over or not ;) Just curious, why is the red wings power play killing percentage so poor? I am just a novice fan, but they are giving up goals 65% of the time.

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought both games were kind of boring. Tonight will be a different story and I think the Pens win game 3 (then lose 4 and 5).

I just want some edge of your seat playoff hockey. I hope the rest of the games are decided by one goal (or 2 with the empty net).

Go Wings, please keep Cindy off the score sheet..........

WINGS IN 5

Cindy got an assist :sad: but besides that I got what I expected. Ozzie gave up a WEAK one and the pipe saved MAF and that was the game. God I love this game, even if my Caps are playing golf.

4 and 5 go to the Wings.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 key players are hurt. Pavel Datsyuk plays in all situations and is the best 2 way forward in the game. Draper has been out as well and is a regular on the penalty kill. I am guessing Draper will be back in game 4. Babcock has said that he doesn't like to change a winning line-up but Draper is now healthy enough to play. Coming off a loss I wouldn't be surprised to see the change. If Datsyuk can play in game 4 it will be big boost for the Wings. Consider the fact that the Wings are up in the series without their (Hart and Selke trophy nominee) top forward. If Malkin or Crosby went down the Pens would be all done. The Wings simply have to play .500 hockey and they will hoist the cup. Considering that they have seriously outplayed the Pens for long stretches of these games and they have the better goaltender by a long shot it should go pretty smooth. Notice how much more class the Wings showed after a loss. Malkin through a tantrum like a kid who had his candy taken away. I think Crosby and Malkin will have to outgrow their sense of entitlement before they will win a cup. JMHO.

I'm not saying the series is over or not ;) Just curious, why is the red wings power play killing percentage so poor? I am just a novice fan, but they are giving up goals 65% of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back