0   0   0
The last 10 minutes is why an advid fan like myself loves playoff hockey :D

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the FRACK was that? Did the Pens poison the gatoraid or something????

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, but 2-1 to 4-2 in 10 minutes is fun to watch :tongue:

Last edited:

raynist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I anticipated a split in Pittsburgh. Wings in 5.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Oh!

Wings looked bad tonight.

Did Datysuk play? I thought I heard someone tell me today that he was playing but I didn't see him.

Pens in 6 :bigsmile:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they would have been better off leaving Abdelkader in. One thing we can be certain of is that Datsyuk will play in Game 5.

OOOO I had post #87

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep finally gonna get Datsyuk back....we'll see if that will be enough to slow down Malkin a bit lol.

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring to Malkin's playoff stats. Malkin has 33 points and is a +3. Crosby has 29 points and is +10. However Crosby has 1 assist in this series and is -2. Datsyuk has had a slow playoffs. He has only played in 13 games. He has only 9 points which makes his +9 that much stronger of an indication that he plays well at both ends of the ice. He did however play 7 of those games vs Pronger and Niedermaier. There is nobody in the east as good as those guys. Certainly not on the Pens.
I think that you need to recheck your stats. Datsyuk is a plus +4 not a +9. I cant wait till Sat when the Pens win and go up int the series. Good game tonight.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typing error, you are correct +4. Good game tonight. It's a series now.

I think that you need to recheck your stats. Datsyuk is a plus +4 not a +9. I cant wait till Sat when the Pens win and go up int the series. Good game tonight.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed Abdelkater.... Draper is a veteran and awesome at faceoffs though. I think the Wings had a bad night, no way they lose 3 in a row.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed Abdelkater.... Draper is a veteran and awesome at faceoffs though. I think the Wings had a bad night, no way they lose 3 in a row.

The way they played in game 4, I'd be a little worried as well. The pens just looked quicker and stronger in game 4.

MSU Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree - the Pens did look like they had more drive in the game, although the Wings looked the same but in shorter spurts.

Datsyuk could have a very large impact. The problem for the Wings is that no one other than Zetterberg is really talented enough 2-way player to keep up with Malkin. And Zets is covering Crosby (pretty darn well if you ask me). Datzyuk will be on the other line that will cover Malkin, and you will see his "game" go downward pretty fast. To being bad? I doubt it, but much less effective.

The other issue the Wings have is that Zetterberg, like Crosby, is swarmed when he is on the ice. Datsyuk will provide another outlet/threat, which will open up the game a bit.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OUTplayed period! The Pens must have sent call girls over to the wings hotel got them all tired out on the day off.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if people felt the Wings looked so horrible when the closed the first period. The got outplayed for the first 13-15 minutes. Then they came bcak and had the Pens back on their heels a little bit. After scoring at the very end of the first they then came back for the second and immediately scored. The Pen's fans were silent. You could have heard a pin drop in the arena. Staal's shorty gave the Pens a big boost. He made a good play and he scored. Lidstrom and Rafalski were on the ice too long due to the back to back PPs. They got caught. The Wings gave up a short handed goal. It happens and it swung the momentum. The series is now 2-2. We have been here many times before. Now we come back to Detroit where 2 of the next 3 (if necassary) will be played. I see absolutely no reason to panic.

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if people felt the Wings looked so horrible when the closed the first period. The got outplayed for the first 13-15 minutes. Then they came bcak and had the Pens back on their heels a little bit. After scoring at the very end of the first they then came back for the second and immediately scored. The Pen's fans were silent. You could have heard a pin drop in the arena. Staal's shorty gave the Pens a big boost. He made a good play and he scored. Lidstrom and Rafalski were on the ice too long due to the back to back PPs. They got caught. The Wings gave up a short handed goal. It happens and it swung the momentum. The series is now 2-2. We have been here many times before. Now we come back to Detroit where 2 of the next 3 (if necassary) will be played. I see absolutely no reason to panic.
You should panic.... I really think they are gonna win tomorrow against the Wings.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ok, 6 minutes of momentum and I should panic? The series have been very close and the Wings haven't had Datsyuk. He is playing in game 5 and if he is anywhere near 100% you are the one who should panic. I heard Orpik talkin like the series is over. We will see how that works out for him.

You should panic.... I really think they are gonna win tomorrow against the Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back