Wobbly Stand Fix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kdocimo90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kdocimo90

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
4
Location
Stamford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 150g aquarium with DIY Stand. The issue I have is that it's a little bit wobbly. Not bad at all, just worried if someone were to bang into it bad, by accident. I think the main issue it is a little wobbly is that the stand is 45"+ tall.

How should I add the extra sturdiness to the stand? Add 2x4's connecting to all the legs?

1.jpg
 
Unsure what you mean but would shimming the corners fix it? Otherwise if you mean it wiggles some but is fully leveled, it will firm up when you skin it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new