Wobbly stand or uneven floor?

Cody000125

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
134
Reaction score
118
Location
Murrieta
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

Hoping to get everyones input on how I can resolve this wobble issue with my tank. I just recently setup my new 100g, but noticed when walking heavily/jumping near it it wobbles very easily. I'll post a video down below of just pushing it lightly and it wobbles. I don't remember the tank wobbling when water wasn't in it, but I also never knew to test for that. I was recommended to add shims to try and resolve the issue, but I'm unable to reach to the back and putting shims on the other 3 sides didn't make the wobble any better or worse. I've removed them for now. I was measuring the floor and it doesn't seem to be perfectly flat, not sure if that would cause any issues. This is an innovative marine 100 ext if anyone has had and solved a similar issue. Could I of assembled the stand incorrectly? Or could my floor be uneven? Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Doesn't seem the insert video is working properly, here's the youtube link:
 
Last edited:
Hi All,

Hoping to get everyones input on how I can resolve this wobble issue with my tank. I just recently setup my new 100g, but noticed when walking heavily/jumping near it it wobbles very easily. I'll post a video down below of just pushing it lightly and it wobbles. I don't remember the tank wobbling when water wasn't in it, but I also never knew to test for that. I was recommended to add shims to try and resolve the issue, but I'm unable to reach to the back and putting shims on the other 3 sides didn't make the wobble any better or worse. I've removed them for now. I was measuring the floor and it doesn't seem to be perfectly flat, not sure if that would cause any issues. This is an innovative marine 100 ext if anyone has had and solved a similar issue. Could I of assembled the stand incorrectly? Or could my floor be uneven? Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Doesn't seem the insert video is working properly, here's the youtube link:

Have you put a leveler on your tank to see if the tank is leveled?
 
Have you put a leveler on your tank to see if the tank is leveled?
I did originally with a 12 inch level which to my new understanding isn't very helpful for a 48 inch tank :) I got a 48 inch level now and have these pics:

Here is the front seems very level:
20240702_093752.jpg

Here is the right side of the tank from front to back:
20240702_093905.jpg

Here's the left side of the tank from front to back:
20240702_093824.jpg

Here's the back of the tank on the overflow from side to side:
20240702_093949.jpg

Any input? Seems like left and right sides need to be lifted which I had tried yesterday with the shims and didn't have any luck fixing the issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new