Won contests, received no prizes!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On 5/5/2021 I won the $100.00 gift card from Live Aquaria.
On 5/10/2021 I won The GO & GRO Contest! WIN a Neptune Systems GRO Macroalgae Light!
It has now been 2 months and I have not received anything. No prizes, no communication from the sponsors running the contests, nothing , nada, zip, zilch!
After 1 month I contacted @revhtree and @Daniel@R2R who sent a reminder out to the sponsors. Still nothing but crickets!:mad:
@AVAST Marine and @Inkbird _Official were "Johnny on the spot" when I won from them. Thank you guys! Very upstanding!!
But @LiveAquaria and @Terence seemed to have completely ghosted their contest.
I've tried to be patient but this has gone on for too long for any kind of excuse like "COVID" to be plausible.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! @Reefer Reboot I'm sorry about the frustration (and I can imagine how frustrating that would be). This isn't something that typically happens, but that's not meant to be an excuse. I'll check on both of those missing prizes again tomorrow and we'll get it resolved for you.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefer Reboot Thank you for reaching out to obtain the gift certificate details from the Voucher that was issued in May. We were happy to resolve this matter for you! If you near the expiration validity of May 2022 without using the certificate, let us know and we will extend it out for you. Have a nice weekend!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lucky you. I never win anything but a bottle of soap. Maybe I just stink?

Seriously though, hope this gets resolved. None of these guys should have sanyone wait this long.

OP
OP
Reefer Reboot

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took me several years to win anything and then this happens, just my luck. ;Hilarious
I'm sure sooner or later, one way or another, it will get resolved.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm getting you a resolution TODAY! I didn't know this wasn't resolved I am very sorry!

OP
OP
Reefer Reboot

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't fault you Rev, you've already included Terence in our P.M.s, so he already knows about this and seems to be ignoring it. What I worry about more is the fact that by state and federal law you are the one who would be held responsible for their failures. Rest assured, I would not do that to you! So if it falls through, well, that's just bad publicity for Neptune and I relieve you of all responsibilities. I would like to suggest that in the future you get the prizes from them first so they can't put you in this position again. Anyhow, thanks for the great site here and have a good day.:cool:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't fault you Rev, you've already included Terence in our P.M.s, so he already knows about this and seems to be ignoring it. What I worry about more is the fact that by state and federal law you are the one who would be held responsible for their failures. Rest assured, I would not do that to you! So if it falls through, well, that's just bad publicity for Neptune and I relieve you of all responsibilities. I would like to suggest that in the future you get the prizes from them first so they can't put you in this position again. Anyhow, thanks for the great site here and have a good day.:cool:

Thanks but honestly this is my fault. I dropped the ball on it. Terence can’t see all these threads and posts as he’s busy running Neptune. I’ll update you later as he responded right back today after I sent him a text. They are good to the R2R community and have always taken care of the prizes.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you confirm flat mount bracket or a pipe mount bracket for your light? :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never mind they are sending a flat today!

OP
OP
Reefer Reboot

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallelujah, it has arrived!;Happy Thank you Rev and Neptune.
IMG_8410.JPG

Picture or it didn't happen? Well, it happened.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back