Wooden air stones

  • Thread starter Thread starter cloak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
3,033
Reaction score
2,132
Location
Stockton, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump on my Eshopps skimmer took a dive on me so I modified it with an Aquaclear 402 power head, an air pump and a wooden airstone. It works like a champ now, but I was just curious how often these wooden air stones need to be replaced. These things are not cheap anymore for some reason. Thank you. :)
 
Depending on how much organics you have in your water to clog it up. I have seen them last a couple months in really clean conditions but I have a feeling if you carbon dose that may contribute to early life failure. Anyone else?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new