Working away for the next 12 weeks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ,
Well as the titel says ,ive just been informed that as from this coming Monday i Will be working away from home, mon -fri for the next 12-14 weeks :(:(:(:(
I passed this information on too my girlfriend , whos reply was ..... "ooooohhhhh then you must teach me everything i need too know on thursday !!""":oops::oops::oops:
It probably wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the fact that my girlfriend works 4 evenings one week and 5 evenings the next en so forth !
PANIC STATIONS !!!!!!!!!
If Im honest Im Very nervous About going away and leaving my tank in the care of my girlfriend !!!!
She loves the tank !! Well she loves looking at it .. and thats Where it ends , ive had a lot of problems over the last few months ,salinity , algea , copper and other heavy metals in the water , its only the last couple of weeks that ive started too get on top of iT all and Am now at the point Where things are finally going good .. and now i must go away !!! €&@%# !!!!!!!!
This is really worrying me :oops: not being home if theres a problem !!
Luckly i got a fishkam couple of weeks ago so i can set iT up too watch the sump :cool:
Well only time will tell how this turns out !!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ,
Well as the titel says ,ive just been informed that as from this coming Monday i Will be working away from home, mon -fri for the next 12-14 weeks :(:(:(:(
I passed this information on too my girlfriend , whos reply was ..... "ooooohhhhh then you must teach me everything i need too know on thursday !!""":oops::oops::oops:
It probably wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the fact that my girlfriend works 4 evenings one week and 5 evenings the next en so forth !
PANIC STATIONS !!!!!!!!!
If Im honest Im Very nervous About going away and leaving my tank in the care of my girlfriend !!!!
She loves the tank !! Well she loves looking at it .. and thats Where it ends , ive had a lot of problems over the last few months ,salinity , algea , copper and other heavy metals in the water , its only the last couple of weeks that ive started too get on top of iT all and Am now at the point Where things are finally going good .. and now i must go away !!! €&@%# !!!!!!!!
This is really worrying me :oops: not being home if theres a problem !!
Luckly i got a fishkam couple of weeks ago so i can set iT up too watch the sump :cool:
Well only time will tell how this turns out !!
Ouch!!!

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any local fish stores around? I would call and give a heads up to them just in case
Yes Im lucky my lfs is 50mtrs away from my house .. and Yes ive already given him a heads up and hes kindly offered too pop round if needed ..so i hope ive got all my bases covered .. Maybe Im just panicing over nothing ... but after all the problems ive had .. i just dont know !!!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bright side. It is the perfect time to diagnose a potentially fatal , oft times frustrating, and seldom understood problem that plagues this hobby world wide.
H.I.T.S.
(Hands In Tank Syndrome)
;)

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bright side. It is the perfect time to diagnose a potentially fatal , oft times frustrating, and seldom understood problem that plagues this hobby world wide.
H.I.T.S.
(Hands In Tank Syndrome)
;)
That is Very true .. and my girlfriend definatly wont do that !!!!!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I travel for work as well and have since I began reefing. So it just kind of became habit to consider the easiest set and forget methods.
and yea, even after this long I get a bit of anxiety leaving. Funny thing is I still haven't done anything to the tanks save check the skimmer n fill the top off.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here's an update , been working away for 4 weeks now and it's taking its toll on my tank ...my girlfriend is great and says she loves looking after the tank ... that said .. she doesn't know enough .. she's been dosing my triton other methods 2 a day .. and feeding the fish and topping off the rodi water and checking salinity ( I really need an apex in my life )
Ok so so far I've acquired a bubble algae outbreak , just got two emerald crabs yesterday see if they will take care of it .. plus I remove what I can also , I have also now an dynoflagetts out break , took a sample too the lFS for conformation under the microscope and yes .. just cleaned my sand bed and rocks while syphoning as much out as possible ... got an aqua medic evo4 dosing pump need too set it up , bought a cabinet too house it in but I need too modify it first ..

got some new additions
2 emerald krabs
1 pistol tiger shrimp
Next week I'm getting a copperband butterfly and a green torch .

Next week I will do a triton test , and see where my waters at .. it's still not right , my sps are not happy !!
I know I'm getting alk swings and I'm finding it hard too dial the dosing in to keep it steady .. and my girlfriend doesn't want too do the tests ...
Well that's about it for now ..any comments or advice always welcome !!
Thanks Mack !

Back