World Wide Corals Tax Craze LIVE SALE! Up to 80% OFF!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

millticket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif
@WWC hope we gave you guys time to figure out whats dropping at 800 ;)
off GIF

ChefKawczak’sreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick them up on Saturday during their sale. Just make a call and let them know exactly what time you will be there.
My problem is I’m the night Chef and my next day off is Tuesday. So I would not have time to Acclimate the frags before going to work.

Eagle.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my calculations, we have 15 gifs in full size till 800.
Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official

Eagle.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is I’m the night Chef and my next day off is Tuesday. So I would not have time to Acclimate the frags before going to work.
I love to help reefers and all people out. So I will do this for you in your time of trouble. I will happily pick them up for you and acclimate them to my tank and you wouldn't have to worry. As long we have an understanding that I can eat in said establishment for

free dave chappelle GIF

millticket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSA provided by WWC:

Jan 04, 2021

How To Glue Coral Frags to Rocks the Right Way​

How To Glue Coral Frags to Rocks the Right Way

Introducing your first few coral fragments to your reef tank is one of the most exciting parts of doing your own build. With seemingly endless possibilities for arranging and rotating the fragments, you can make this display your own in a lot of ways. However, when it comes to securing these specimens to your live rock, even experienced hobbyists can experience some difficulty. This is how to glue coral frags to rocks the right way and ensure your marine life looks its best.

Clean the Area Prior to Placing the Coral​

If your corals frequently detach themselves from your live rock, this could be because you forgot to clean the area. During the time you spend regulating your tank, algae often begins forming over the surface of your live rock. This substance can make it difficult for the glue to properly cure to the rock, which makes it easy for the coral to dislodge. For this reason, it’s important that you clean the section of rock where you want to place your frag by blowing the area with pressurized water and brushing away the debris.

Acquire a Strong Superglue and Epoxy Putty​

Next, make sure you’re using quality adhesive products for this task. Saltwater can be highly corrosive, so you’ll need to use materials designed to withstand some of the toughest conditions. Tank builders often recommend using a gel-based superglue as well as a water-resistant epoxy putty. Using both together is crucial to creating a quality seal within the rock and raising your success rate.

Trim Your Frag Plug​

When purchasing your corals, you probably noticed they were affixed to a small, plug-shaped piece. This is the section of the frag to which you’ll apply your glue and putty as well as the part that will be pushed flush with the live rock. However, since frag plugs tend to be a universal size, you may need to cut down the stalk if it doesn’t fit where you want to place it. This isn’t always the case, but it’s something to keep in mind as you plan out your aquascape.

Apply Glue and Putty to the Frag Plug​

Then, in order to glue coral frags to rocks the right way, you’ll need to apply your glue and putty properly. First, make a ball of putty large enough to fill the gap in the live rock but small enough to limit the amount of excess left over. The putty will fill in any nooks and crevasses in the rock and create the seal. Apply glue to the plug, and stick the soft putty to it. Next, use more glue on top of the putty. Once you’ve completed these steps, press the plug into your desired position and let it cure.
At World Wide Corals, we know how frustrating it can be to have coral fragments constantly fall out of place and need to be reapplied. This is why we want to ensure that you not only have access to the corals you want, but also know how to make the most of them. From colorful, diverse chalice coral to easier-to-care-for soft corals, the technique outlined above can help you arrange all of them to your specifications.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back