Worm ID please

Kevinkmk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
185
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I found this worm living under my scoly. Is this a normal bristel worm or something bad like fire worm? How can I remove them? Any fish that is good? I have tried fit trap, it doesnt work that well. Thank you!

IMG_20171030_165121.jpg
IMG_20171030_165218.jpg
 
They are a good cuc to a point.. I personally don't like them. Be careful not to handle them with bare hands. Their Bristles can be quite irritating and can cause you to get a infection. I pull them out when I see them with tweezers and toss them. Especially the large ones
 
Th
They are a good cuc to a point.. I personally don't like them. Be careful not to handle them with bare hands. Their Bristles can be quite irritating and can cause you to get a infection. I pull them out when I see them with tweezers and toss them. Especially the large ones

Thanks . I think I just did use my hand to remove it. Lol. Hope nothing bad is gonna happen
 
I don't think they eat corals. I know they eat detritus, fish food, and dying fish. They live in any hole they can find.
 
Th


Thanks . I think I just did use my hand to remove it. Lol. Hope nothing bad is gonna happen
I would rinse hands in vinegar and you can use adhesive tape to try and remove as many bristles as you can
 
Good for cleaning up. Per "lovemyreef" don't pick them up with your hand. The bristles break off and they HURT! My Molly Miller Blenny used to eat them. I've had them over 6" long. They are benign to corals. Good biodiversity.
 
6 line Wrasse, Saddleback Butterflyfish are just a couple that eat the worms. @eatbreakfast probably has a bigger list. I have had experience with only these 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new