Worm identification

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this worm on the back of my magnetic scrapper thats kept at the top of the aquarium any ideas?



20260808_125534.jpg
 
I found this worm on the back of my magnetic scrapper thats kept at the top of the aquarium any ideas?



20260808_125534.jpg
My guess would be a spaghetti worm, you will want to keep that in your tank, good cuc!
 
Hard to tell from the image alone, even when improving contrast and cropping out the specimen to remove distractions from the image:
20260808_125534.jpg

It's noticably thicker on the upper half than on the lower half which applies to some Dorvilleidae, but I can't make out any antennae or so on the image. A spaghetti worm would have many small tentacles which I can't see on the image.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new