Worm in my live rock

lilkiwi930

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
292
Reaction score
668
Location
Grand Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I checked on my fish tank when the lights were still off at 6 am.
I noticed a brown circular worm sticking out of a hole in my live rock. I was flashing a flash light in my tank, once the light hit him he went back into the hole. Curious as if anybody knows what this could be? As well as if it is good or bad for my tank. This is my first time noticing it. Anything helps.

(I wish I could have gotten a picture but once the light shined on him, he went back into the rock. So I am aware that its going to be hard to ID)
 
if not bristle,tan to brown,smooth poss peanut worm,just guessing blind here :)
 
if not bristle,tan to brown,smooth poss peanut worm,just guessing blind here :)

I googled what a peanut worm looks like. The color is kind of accurate and texture. So possibly. Are peanut worms bad for the tank?
 
THIS IS A WORM I JIST FOUND. QHAT IS THIS?
20200827_123712.jpg
 
not peanut.?? @KJ ?? thanks
 
Peanut worm. Good guy.
Okay I just wanted to make sure. That one in the picture looks different from the one I saw this morning in the dark. So ill try to get a picture when I can.
 
Okay I just wanted to make sure. That one in the picture looks different from the one I saw this morning in the dark. So ill try to get a picture when I can.

they can stretch out and feel around the rocks sort of like an elephant trunk. here’s a clip of one of mine:



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new