Worst fear came true

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to try a new filter media in my hob filter. This was a huge mistake. The media was too dense which caused it to clog over the night. I woke up to a gurgling noise and now I am cleaning up half of my 20g off the living room floor. Salinity dropped to 1.024 so I think my live stock might be okay for the most part. I'm just worried about the floor. Ugh!

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a dehumidifier? If not, I'd go get one from Walmart/Target and run it on max setting for a few days.
I work at target so I'll get one after work.. i have linoleum floors and the trim of the walls dont seem wet so i dont think floor damage will occur

little_sardines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. But while you're looking at it, maybe reconsider your filter. All of the HOB filters I've ever used have a water bypass to deal with blocked filter media.
It's the aquaclear 70. It was 100%my fault from not thinking. It has bypass the media was just so dense it filled faster than the bypass could handle.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bunch o fans. The space between the wall and the floor seems dry

20190820_111249.jpg

burnetb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cant get a dehumidifier then place a couple fans. With linoleum floors you will probably be just fine. As long as it hasn't found a way under the linoleum then your golden. Mop it up and place a fan down. Since its not carpet I honestly wouldn't even bother with the dehumidifier.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cant get a dehumidifier then place a couple fans. With linoleum floors you will probably be just fine. As long as it hasn't found a way under the linoleum then your golden. Mop it up and place a fan down. Since its not carpet I honestly wouldn't even bother with the dehumidifier.
It got under in one spot. It's about a quarter inch wet spot

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back