• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Worst Shipper in the Planet - Liveaquaria more like Deadaquaria

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst Shipper in the Planet - Liveaquaria more like Deadaquaria

So I have some store credit and bought some Biota Captive-Bred Court Jester gobies that are in stock.
First time ordering fish from this morons.
The facility is from Wisconsin and my location is Iowa.
I received the shipment today at 10 am.
When I opened the box I was shocked of how they insulated the fish.
It's just 1/4 inch foam.

ALL THE FISH ARE DEAD

It's an equivalent of you going outside naked below freezing and only having socks on.
And they charged $10 for box fee on that off that. I bet these only cost them $2-4 or less.

I heard they used to be good but in the past few years they are currently at the bottom of the trench.

They only refund store credit these days.
So its a never ending cycle if you keep ordering from these morons.
Ill get my store credit and only use it for dry goods. I am not going to this store again.

Never buy from Deadaquaria or you'll have headaches and nightmares.
Every other store out there is better.

I just realized on the delay email on how they arranged the words this sentence. They placed the word animals last. It should be the first in the group grammatically and priority wise. Apparently suppliers are their most important priority so that they can keep ripping customers off.

Thank you for reading.
I hope this will change your future decisions.

liveaquaria.png

IMG_20220309_182130525.jpg

IMG_20220309_184106458.jpg

IMG_20220309_184114088.jpg
IMG_20220309_184120815.jpg

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry for your DOA losses. I understand your frustrations. Anecdotes are everywhere with them.

I’ve ordered quite a number of live stock from them including one of my favorites (white tail bristletooth tang). All arrived fine and in perfect health. That’s my experience.

I don’t order live stock unless expected temperatures in the delivery time frame and transit routes are projected to be 50s or higher and 80s and lower. Not much packaging can do if a truck gets delayed in dangerously low (or high) temperatures for extended periods of time. Some vendors just won’t ship until it’s safe to do so, too.

I’ve had some stuff die in transit from other vendors that package better than LA. I’ve also had close calls when shippers get delayed in hellacious heat for an extra day. IN ALL CASES vendors made it right in accordance with their policies.

I just ordered a few torches that I’ve asked to be shipped out next Monday due to inclement weather and improved forecast for next week.

OP
OP
madlos123

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry for your DOA losses. I understand your frustrations. Anecdotes are everywhere with them.

I’ve ordered quite a number of live stock from them including one of my favorites (white tail bristletooth tang). All arrived fine and in perfect health. That’s my experience.

I don’t order live stock unless expected temperatures in the delivery time frame and transit routes are projected to be 50s or higher and 80s and lower. Not much packaging can do if a truck gets delayed in dangerously low (or high) temperatures for extended periods of time. Some vendors just won’t ship until it’s safe to do so, too.

I’ve had some stuff die in transit from other vendors that package better than LA. I’ve also had close calls when shippers get delayed in hellacious heat for an extra day. IN ALL CASES vendors made it right in accordance with their policies.

I just ordered a few torches that I’ve asked to be shipped out next Monday due to inclement weather and improved forecast for next week.

I have ordered fish from other vendors online during winter and never had a doa because their insulation is adequate 1+ inch.

I have ordered a bunch of ORA corals from them and they always shipped them in 1 inch styrofoam box back in oct and dec and they were fine.

So as a first time customer ordering fish from them, I should inherently know they ship their fish in a box equivalent to a paperbag?

They should have a disclaimer in their website to prevent sales for new customers during winter fully knowing their paperbag shipping etiquette.

I understand if ship within florida or california where temperature stays warm but why do they keep the wisconsin facility open during winter?

If they continue shipping during winter, then they should change shipping insulation thickness to accommodate lower temperature.

Order only when temp hits 50+.
By the time come fish will be out of stock.

I have been waiting for 2 years.

But i guess thats too hard and common sense its not as common.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back