Would you be worried about this pH?

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I normally run a CO2 scrubber and kalk in my ATO. Windows have been open in the house the past few days as you can tell by the increase in pH. I unplugged the CO2 scrubber days ago when the pH was no longer dropping below 8.4 at night. I still run Kalk in my ATO because that's how I maintain Ca/Bicarb.

At what point should I start thinking about pulling kalk offline and supplementing with 2 part to supplement which (I think) has less of an increase for pH.

upload_2017-4-11_13-32-30.png

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of the best pH ranges that one can find. That pH is what most reefers want. I wouldn't worry about that pH at 8.6, keep doing what you're doing. Only reason why I would switch to dosing 2-part would be to maintain more accurate levels of alk and calcium, but that's it. If you have stable levels of alkalinity and calcium with the kalkwasser, then just keep doing what you are doing. No reason to change something that isn't broken. You are at the nirvana of pH readings for a reef tank. :D

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of the best pH ranges that one can find. That pH is what most reefers want. I wouldn't worry about that pH at 8.6, keep doing what you're doing. Only reason why I would switch to dosing 2-part would be to maintain more accurate levels of alk and calcium, but that's it. If you have stable levels of alkalinity and calcium with the kalkwasser, then just keep doing what you are doing. No reason to change something that isn't broken. You are at the nirvana of pH readings for a reef tank. :D

Much appreciated :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back