Would you feed dead copepods to your fish/tank ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 bottles of copepods in a phytoplankton blend. Both were DOA. They sent me another 2 bottles, same thing.

Should I strain it and only keep the liquid and use it as phyto ? Should I just use the whole thing as a phyto source with « meat » ?

Or just throw it in the garbage ? I’ve had it for 3-4 weeks so it’s been dead for at least that, and probably more. It might have been dead at the store even before shipping.

Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add them. Chances are there's already pods in your tank anyway

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there are any. I’ve never seen a single one. That’s why I bought those.
It's been shown as next to impossible to keep pods out of a tank, even without adding fish or coral. After the lights are out for a while, look at the glass with a flashlight.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s been dead for a month maybe longer then you should just toss it.

i see you’re in Canada, where did you order that from?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bunch of crooks. At least you got your replacement shipment, even if they were DOA, they completely ignored me. I can’t believe they are still in business.

Anyway, check out Candy Corals dot com, they have a good selection, it’s become my go-to store.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bunch of crooks. At least you got your replacement shipment, even if they were DOA, they completely ignored me. I can’t believe they are still in business.

Anyway, check out Candy Corals dot com, they have a good selection, it’s become my go-to store.
I’m waiting for my refund now. They’re in my top worst companies I’ve dealt with.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had no idea you could order pods from coral shops .
Luckily I’ve always had tons

even when adding new frags .
always dip frags in saltwater first to see if pods, brittle stars , or sometimes you’re lucky and a hermit or acro crab crawl out .
Coral dip after the good stuff is found

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you were to talk to some of the local shop owners . If they have a way of selling pods from their system ?

A handful of cheato is all it takes

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re sure they’re dead? They come in the bottle at such a small size I could barely see them. Just looked like dust until they grew out in my tank.

Do they sell them mixed in the phyto now? Mine came separate from the phyto bottle. no issues for me when I bought from them. Although it was early spring so weather was good for shipping.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re sure they’re dead? They come in the bottle at such a small size I could barely see them. Just looked like dust until they grew out in my tank.

Do they sell them mixed in the phyto now? Mine came separate from the phyto bottle. no issues for me when I bought from them. Although it was early spring so weather was good for shipping.
Yes, they are sent in phyto. I’m sure they’re dead. They were never swimming and now it’s just a big black clump on the bottom of the bottle.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried but the guy never answered back when it was time to meet. I’ll try again soon.
Hopefully it wasn’t me …
Fwiw .
when cheato has been hard to find . I couldn’t ever find anything to do with it and have had to throw away many handfuls

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back