Would you fill this tank?

porawhora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine land 180g as I’m getting it cleaned up I noticed the bottom bracing on the tank itself is bowed out in 2 places. Would you trust this tank?
Part of me would rather just buy new glass especially since I don’t trust the person who sold it to me it at point. He said he would plumb it for me- all I would need to do is attach hoses and secure hose clamps..- services were paid for and none of that happened. He refused to take it back when I expressed I wasn’t happy with what he delivered and that I didn’t want it in my house. He also said it holds water. Would you trust it? Pic of razor blade where against glass a brace in a spot where they touch…
8D89092A-9FEE-48FE-A3B2-1102C19FC676.jpeg

And where it is bowed
CE31DF99-1C1A-44CC-8ACE-48EA181471FC.jpeg

it’s about 2-3mm bowed out on the front bottom brace at approx 2 ft and 4ft across the front.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it comes down to an issue of trust. Do you trust the seller such that you're confident it's not going to fail at some point down the road and that it doesn't have any other hidden issues?

If it were me, I'd sell it as a terrarium (only), take the hit and look at something else (preferably with warranty).

OP
OP
porawhora

porawhora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it comes down to an issue of trust. Do you trust the seller such that you're confident it's not going to fail at some point down the road and that it doesn't have any other hidden issues?

If it were me, I'd sell it as a terrarium (only), take the hit and look at something else (preferably with warranty).
Absolutely not!!! Trust went out the door as soon as this thing came into my house without the plumbing like the seller said it would. I’ve been looking at the planet aquarium 180g. Same dimensions- is it a safe bet that it’ll fit the marine land 180g stand?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back