Would you put this in your tank

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some ebay GSP and this is what the bag looked like. Tons of micro stars and one visible bristle worm. I have coral rx I will use but I want 0 worms in my tank. Nothing that will sting me.
Screenshot_20230823_151138_Photos~2.jpg
20230823_144129.jpg

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip it and use a turkey baster to blow all the remnants off and it should be fine. I do think that is a lot of critters for a frag, normally I would not put in a coral if the bag had all of that stuff in it. However, my concern deals with the pests you cannot see in the bag.... I am not concerned about a bristle worm and definitely not brittle stars which are great additions for the CUC. Further, good luck with the no bristle worms, they will always find their way in!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms aren't considered a typical "pest". They are considered beneficial CUC for the most part. But having said this, I do remove them on sight. Alas, my tanks all still have plenty. Good luck trying to keep them completely out of your system, it's not easy.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms aren't considered a typical "pest". They are considered beneficial CUC for the most part. But having said this, I do remove them on sight. Alas, my tanks all still have plenty. Good luck trying to keep them completely out of your system, it's not easy.
Yeah I wonder if I have any already and just don't know it. I will be using coral rx and baster to do a dip before adding like @carmodpg said.
Seller was very up front about what it was and said he dips before sending but the last zoas I bought from another guy on ebay were pristine. I'll upload more through the dipping process.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just got some ebay GSP and this is what the bag looked like. Tons of micro stars and one visible bristle worm. I have coral rx I will use but I want 0 worms in my tank. Nothing that will sting me.
Screenshot_20230823_151138_Photos~2.jpg
20230823_144129.jpg
These worms are not welcome in any of my tanks However they are considered as cleaner crew eating uneaten food and detritus and welcomed by many
You have to make this call - Just dont touch them with your bare fingers - Ouch

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is cheap and easy to find so I would never buy it on Ebay from a stranger. I don’t think I’d want that in my tank either, even after dipping.
This is the way I'm thinking. Might have to call it a loss in the end.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These worms are not welcome in any of my tanks However they are considered as cleaner crew eating uneaten food and detritus and welcomed by many
You have to make this call - Just dont touch them with your bare fingers - Ouch
Yeah I'll keep with my conch, hermits, emerald crabs, snail, urchin, and copepods and stay away for this little bag of horrors.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really see what's going on in the pics, but you should be able to peel off the sheet of gsp or at least part of it and remount on a clean rock or plug.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller was very helpful and refunded my purchase without return. Couldn't be more thrilled with that outcome.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really see what's going on in the pics, but you should be able to peel off the sheet of gsp or at least part of it and remount on a clean rock or plug.
I Prob should buy some gloves to do that. Would you still be worried about a buried bristle if you didn't want them?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd use tweezers. And yes, you will have to remount every frag you get and meticulously inspect and dip.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd use tweezers. And yes, you will have to remount every frag you get and meticulously inspect and dip.
I wanted to attach them to my acrylic AIO wall. Could they be peeled and glued to that? Still not sure I would use these though. Maybe do it with new ones.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms and brittle stars? Already have tons.

Neither of these are problem critters, but coral still gets QTed for other stuff.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back