Would you put this in your tank

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how you keep bristle worms out of your tank. If you dip everything, then you miss out on the other fun stuff that you might like. I have had them for three decades and the only time that they have been a pain is if I pick up a rock from the sand and grab the bottom and some bristles get in my hand - my fault.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like the worms in my tank, but I only have the little tiny ones. The micro brittle stars are pretty neat, I see them sticking their arms out of holes in the rocks like tiny monsters, and they can't sting you or anything.
I found a couple on frags and actually gave them a bit of time to acclimate, etc before I put them in my tank. I was happy to see they'd survived.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to attach them to my acrylic AIO wall. Could they be peeled and glued to that? Still not sure I would use these though. Maybe do it with new ones.

Yes, gsp grows in skin like sheets and is fairly easy to frag and remount.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna see your medicine cabinet.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Old country boy here. As long as I can stop the bleeding there's no need for further first aid:winking-face:. 35 years wrenching has built up a pretty high pain tolerance as well as calluses. Itch weed aka stinging nettle is worse than a little ol bristle worm :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old country boy here. As long as I can stop the bleeding there's no need for further first aid:winking-face:. 35 years wrenching has built up a pretty high pain tolerance as well as calluses. Itch weed aka stinging nettle is worse than a little ol bristle worm :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I’m talking about meds “in reference to your crazy reference” haha!

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get GSP to grow in my tank. The zoas acans and duncan are all exploding with growth, but my GSP is just sitting barely larger than the frag plug it came on after... like eight months. Maybe I should just use that island for something else!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get GSP to grow in my tank. The zoas acans and duncan are all exploding with growth, but my GSP is just sitting barely larger than the frag plug it came on after... like eight months. Maybe I should just use that island for something else!
It grows too well in my tank. I wanted a back wall of gsp but didn’t consider that I can’t really reach the sandbed behind my aqua scape, so it grew onto my aqua scape. It hasn’t covered my rockwork yet but I know it’s just a matter of time. I will never put it into a tank I have ever again.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, gsp grows in skin like sheets and is fairly easy to frag and remount.
So I peeled the GSP off the frag and threw the plugs out. Then I did a dip and all sorts of stars and worms came out. I then moved them to container with my tank water and rinsed them. I threw that water out and let them sit in more tank water over night. I will repeat the process and if they still look alive I might add them. I know it's prob overkill.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back