Would you recommend a Niger Triggerfish?

Porcupine Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
183
Reaction score
63
Location
Colorado springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see everyone's opinion on Niger Triggers to see if they are worth buying, are they the same level of aggression as a Blue Throat Trigger? are they good for a 5 foot 125? I would like everyone's experience and opinions because I did see some nice ones and wouldn't mind buying them.
 
Nope nope and nope! Just sent mine back to the fish store after 3 years. He was fine for the first year or so when he was small. After that I couldn't add any other fish or inverts to the tank. He would just badger the hell out of anything I added.
 
Just wanted to see everyone's opinion on Niger Triggers to see if they are worth buying, are they the same level of aggression as a Blue Throat Trigger? are they good for a 5 foot 125? I would like everyone's experience and opinions because I did see some nice ones and wouldn't mind buying them.
I say go for it! I love triggers. Blue throats are a little more chill than nigers but nigers are amazing! I miss the one I had a lot. You dont have any shrimps or crabs you are attached to do you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new